If you’ve been on the hunt for a recipe that perfectly marries Italian flavors with the vibrant aesthetics and textures of a stir fry, your search ends here! Our Tortellini Stir Fry with Shrimp is a masterpiece, offering a delightful culinary journey filled with tender shrimp, succulent vegetables, and toothsome tortellini. Perfect for a weeknight dinner or a special gathering, this is a dish that speaks to both the taste buds and the soul.
Who is this Recipe for?
Whether you’re a foodie looking to experiment with an innovative fusion dish or a busy home cook needing a quick, yet flavorful meal, this recipe will surely hit the spot. It’s a delicious melting pot of Italian pasta tossed with succulent shrimp, and a variety of crunchy, fresh vegetables. No professional chef skills required – only simple, everyday ingredients, a Blackstone griddle, and your love for great food.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
This Tortellini Stir Fry with Shrimp is not only a feast for the eyes with its vibrant colors and textures but also a true delight for the palate. The dish boasts a pleasing contrast between the richness of tortellini and the freshness of vegetables, heightened by the savory shrimp and the tanginess of lemon wedges. It’s a true symphony of flavors that will have you coming back for more.
Can I swap the shrimp for another protein?
Yes, you can use diced chicken or tofu as alternatives. Just adjust the cooking time as necessary.
Can I add other vegetables?
Absolutely! This stir-fry is quite versatile. Try adding broccoli, snap peas, or mushrooms.
I don’t have a griddle. Can I use a regular pan?
Yes, a large non-stick pan will work, although a griddle adds a unique flavor.
To store any leftovers, place them in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 days. This dish is also great as a cold pasta salad, so you can enjoy it straight from the fridge the next day!
As for pairings, this stir fry goes beautifully with a glass of chilled white wine. For a non-alcoholic option, try a refreshing iced tea or a zesty lemonade.
- 1 package of tortellini cheese or your preference
- 1 lb of raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 zucchini sliced into half moons
- 1 yellow squash sliced into half moons
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 cup of white wine optional
- Olive oil for cooking
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Fresh parsley chopped, for garnish
- Cook the tortellini according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat your Blackstone griddle to medium-high heat.
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil on the griddle.
- Add the shrimp to the griddle and season with a bit of salt and pepper. Cook until the shrimp are pink and opaque, typically 2-3 minutes per side. Remove the shrimp and set aside.
- Add a bit more oil if needed, then add the zucchini, squash, bell pepper, and onion to the griddle. Cook until the vegetables are softened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, just until it’s fragrant.
- If using, add the white wine to the griddle, scraping up any browned bits stuck to the surface. Allow the wine to cook down for a minute or two.
- Add the cooked tortellini and cooked shrimp back to the griddle, stirring to mix everything well.
- Cook the mixture for a few more minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the stir fry with lemon wedges on the side for squeezing over the top, and garnish with the chopped fresh parsley.