Are you craving a delicious Asian-inspired dish that combines the perfect balance of sweet and savory flavors? Look no further than our tantalizing Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry recipe! This delightful concoction brings together tender vegetables, succulent pieces of meat, and a mouthwatering homemade teriyaki sauce that will leave you wanting more. With its vibrant colors and irresistible aromas, this dish is sure to impress both family and friends at any gathering.
How to prepare:
Preparing this Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry is a breeze! Simply slice the chicken breasts thinly and prepare the homemade teriyaki sauce by whisking together soy sauce, water, honey, rice vinegar, minced garlic, grated ginger, and cornstarch. Set the sauce aside while you stir-fry the chicken until it’s cooked through and lightly browned. Remove the chicken from the skillet and stir fry the mixed vegetables until tender-crisp. Return the chicken to the skillet, pour the teriyaki sauce over the chicken and vegetables, and continue cooking until the sauce thickens and coats the ingredients. Serve over steamed rice or noodles and top with sesame seeds and sliced green onions for an added touch of flavor and presentation.
The preparation time for this Teriyaki Stir Fry recipe is approximately 15 minutes. This includes slicing the chicken, preparing the teriyaki sauce, and chopping the vegetables. The cooking time is around 15-20 minutes, making it a quick and convenient option for busy weeknights when you want a delicious homemade meal in no time.
This Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry recipe serves approximately 4 people, making it ideal for a family dinner or a small gathering. However, you can easily double the recipe to accommodate more guests or adjust the quantities to suit your specific needs.
Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry Recipe: A Flavorful Delight That Will Leave You Craving for More!
Are you in the mood for a mouthwatering dish that combines the savory flavors of tender chicken, crisp mixed vegetables, and a rich teriyaki sauce? Look no further than this delectable Teriyaki Stir Fry recipe! With its perfect balance of sweet and tangy flavors, this dish is sure to satisfy your taste buds and leave you wanting seconds. Get ready to embark on a culinary journey filled with delightful aromas and irresistible flavors.
Cooking Time and Serving Size:
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes Servings: 4
Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry Recipe Benefits:
This Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry not only tantalizes your taste buds but also offers a range of benefits that make it a wholesome choice for your meal:
- High Nutrient Content: Packed with an array of colorful vegetables, this stir fry provides a generous dose of essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants to support your overall health.
- Low-Calorie Intake: With its emphasis on lean protein and vegetables, this recipe is a great option for those looking to maintain a balanced and calorie-controlled diet.
- Improved Digestion: Ginger, a key ingredient in the teriyaki sauce, aids digestion and may help alleviate gastrointestinal discomfort.
- Increased Hydration: The water content of the mixed vegetables contributes to your daily hydration needs, promoting optimal bodily functions.
- Boosted Metabolism: Spicy ginger and garlic can help rev up your metabolism, assisting in weight management efforts.
Tips for Success:
- Slice the chicken breasts thinly to ensure quick and even cooking.
- Use a variety of vibrant vegetables to add color, flavor, and a range of nutrients to your stir fry.
- Adjust the sweetness and tanginess of the teriyaki sauce by modifying the amount of honey and rice vinegar according to your taste preferences.
- For added crunch and texture, consider sprinkling sesame seeds as a garnish.
Which Teriyaki Sauce Should You Use?
There is an ongoing debate about whether it’s better to use bottled teriyaki sauce or make your own from scratch. While using a store-bought sauce offers convenience, making your own allows you to customize the flavors to your liking and avoid any unwanted additives. Whichever option you choose, the key lies in selecting a high-quality sauce that suits your taste preferences and dietary needs.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions):
- Can I use a different protein instead of chicken? Yes, feel free to substitute chicken with beef, shrimp, tofu, or your preferred protein. Adjust the cooking time accordingly to ensure thorough cooking.
- How long can I store the leftovers? You can store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat gently in a skillet or microwave before serving.
- Can I make this stir fry gluten-free? Absolutely! Simply substitute the soy sauce with a gluten-free tamari or coconut aminos for a gluten-free version of the recipe.
- What side dishes go well with Teriyaki Stir Fry? Steamed rice, noodles, or even quinoa make excellent accompaniments to this dish. Additionally, a side of fresh cucumber salad or steamed edamame can complement the flavors perfectly.
- Can I freeze this dish for later use? While it’s best to enjoy this stir fry fresh, you can freeze the cooked chicken and vegetables separately. Thaw and reheat them before tossing with freshly made teriyaki sauce for a quick and convenient meal.
In conclusion, this Teriyaki Stir Fry recipe is a flavor-packed delight that brings together the succulent goodness of chicken, vibrant mixed vegetables, and a tantalizing teriyaki sauce. With its high nutrient content, low calorie intake, and numerous health benefits, this dish offers a delicious and wholesome meal option. So, roll up your sleeves, grab your wok, and get ready to indulge in a truly satisfying culinary experience!
- 1 Skillet
- 1 pound of boneless chicken breasts thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 cups of mixed vegetables such as bell peppers, broccoli, and carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup of low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon of grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- Optional toppings: sesame seeds sliced green onions
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, water, honey, rice vinegar, minced garlic, grated ginger, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Heat one tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the sliced chicken to the skillet and stir fry until cooked through and lightly browned. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add another tablespoon of vegetable oil and the mixed vegetables. Stir fry for about 4-5 minutes until they are tender-crisp.
- Return the cooked chicken to the skillet with the vegetables.
- Give the teriyaki sauce a quick stir and pour it over the chicken and vegetables in the skillet.
- Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until the sauce thickens and coats the chicken and vegetables evenly.
- Serve the Teriyaki Stir Fry over steamed rice or noodles, and garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green onions, if desired.