Welcome back to our food haven! Today, I’m delighted to share with you a recipe that’s both nutritious and filled with flavors to tantalize your taste buds.
If you’re a fan of quick, wholesome meals, our Chicken Sausage Stir Fry is sure to be a hit!
Whether you’re a busy parent looking for a quick midweek meal or a newbie in the kitchen trying to impress your dinner guests, this recipe is your go-to choice.
Why is Chicken Sausage Stir Fry Great?
The beauty of this stir fry is the harmony of its ingredients. Each component contributes its unique taste, texture, and color, creating a vibrant mix that’s as pleasing to the eye as it is to the palate.
Chicken sausages, bursting with flavor, complement the crunchy, sweet bell pepper, and carrots perfectly, while onions and garlic add a savory touch.
All this combined with the tanginess of soy sauce and the kick of red pepper flakes creates a symphony of flavors that make every bite memorable.
How to Store Leftovers
The Chicken Sausage Stir Fry is best enjoyed fresh, but if you do have leftovers, they can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. Reheat in a pan over medium heat until warmed through.
Suggested Food and Drink Pairings
Pair this hearty stir fry with a side of steamed jasmine rice or noodles to make it a complete meal.
If you prefer a low-carb option, cauliflower rice would be perfect.
For drinks, a crisp white wine such as a Sauvignon Blanc or a light craft beer harmonizes well with the flavors of the stir fry.
Can I use different types of sausages? Yes, you can use any type of sausage you prefer. Just be aware that the flavor and cooking time may vary.
Can I use frozen vegetables? Yes, frozen vegetables can be used, but they should be thawed and well-drained before adding them to the stir fry.
What can I substitute for soy sauce? You can use Tamari sauce or coconut aminos as a substitute if you’re gluten-free or trying to reduce sodium.
As you can see, this Chicken Sausage Stir Fry is the epitome of a quick, easy, and mouthwateringly delicious meal. It’s proof that fast food doesn’t have to be unhealthy or lackluster. So why wait? Give this recipe a go tonight!
If you love this recipe as much as we do, share it with your friends and family, and don’t forget to subscribe to our blog for more delectable delights. Happy cooking!
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 chicken sausages sliced
- 1 large bell pepper sliced
- 2 medium-sized carrots julienned
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of fresh cilantro chopped (optional)
- Start by heating the olive oil in a large pan or wok over medium heat.
- Add the sliced chicken sausages to the heated pan. Cook until they are nicely browned on all sides. This should take about 7-10 minutes.
- Once the sausages are cooked, transfer them to a plate and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the bell pepper, carrots, onion, and garlic. Stir fry the vegetables until they start to soften, which should take about 5-7 minutes.
- Next, reintroduce the cooked chicken sausages to the pan. Add in the soy sauce, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Stir everything together so that the sausages and veggies are well-coated with the sauce and seasonings.
- Continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
- If desired, sprinkle chopped cilantro on top for a fresh finishing touch.