Introduction to Blackstone Griddle
The Blackstone griddle is a versatile cooking tool perfect for a wide array of dishes. One such dish is a quick and flavorful stir fry, ideal for weekday meals, weekend gatherings, or when you have leftover veggies needing to be used.
The Blackstone griddle provides a flat top cooking surface, which allows ingredients to cook evenly, preserving the integrity and flavor of each component.
Advantages of Cooking on Blackstone Griddle
Unlike traditional stove top cooking methods, the Blackstone griddle, or any flat top grill, promotes even heat distribution. This results in food items that are cooked evenly without being charred or undercooked in certain areas.
In the case of a stir fry recipe, this means your vegetables maintain their crispness while absorbing the flavors of the sauce, and your steak is seared perfectly.
Preparing for the Blackstone Stir Fry
Preparing for a stir fry on the Blackstone griddle involves gathering the ingredients and tools required.
A great stir fry is full of flavor and texture. This recipe uses vegetables like broccoli, bell pepper, zucchini, and onion. For protein, we are using sirloin steak. Other ingredients include soy sauce, oil, cornstarch, white rice, and various seasonings.
Aside from the Blackstone griddle, you will need a large pot to cook the rice, a stove top, and a small bowl to mix the sauce ingredients together.
The Recipe: How to Make the Stir Fry
Step 1: Preparing the Sauce
A good stir fry is incomplete without a delicious stir fry sauce. For this recipe, we’ll need low sodium soy sauce, cornstarch, and oil.
Stir Fry Sauce Ingredients
Mix the soy sauce, oil, and cornstarch in a small bowl until well combined. You may want to add some sriracha if you prefer a spicy kick.
Step 2: Preparing the Vegetables
Slice the onion, bell pepper, and zucchini into bite-sized pieces. Cut the broccoli into small florets. These vegetables will make your stir fry colorful and loaded with nutrients.
Step 3: Preparing the Steak
Slice the sirloin steak into thin strips. Season the steak strips with your favorite seasoning blend.
Step 4: Cooking on the Blackstone Griddle
Before you start cooking, preheat the Blackstone griddle on medium-high heat. Once it’s hot, add some cooking oil onto the griddle.
Start by adding the steak to the griddle. Cook until it’s browned and seared on both sides. Remove the steak and set it aside.
Next, add the vegetables and cook until they are tender. Add the steak back in along with the stir fry sauce. Continue to cook for a few minutes until everything is well combined and heated through.
Serving and Enjoying Your Stir Fry Recipe
Serve the stir fry hot over cooked rice or rice noodles. Garnish with some freshly chopped green onions and enjoy a satisfying meal made right on the flat top grill.
Storing and Reheating Leftovers
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, simply place the stir fry back on the Blackstone griddle on medium heat until it’s heated through.
This easy Blackstone stir fry recipe is a perfect dish for any day of the week. It’s quick, flavorful, and can be easily customized to your liking. So next time you’re wondering what to cook, remember this stir fry recipe and your trusty Blackstone griddle.
Stir Fry on the Blackstone Grill Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I use other types of meat for this recipe? Yes, you can substitute the steak with boneless skinless chicken breasts or any meat of your choice.
2. Can I add other vegetables to the stir fry? Yes, you can add other vegetables like snow peas, squash, or even avocado.
3. Can I make this stir fry on a regular stove top? Yes, this recipe can be adapted to be made on a regular stove top if you don’t have a Blackstone griddle.
4. Can I use regular soy sauce instead of low sodium soy sauce? Yes, you can. However, keep in mind that regular soy sauce has a higher sodium content and could make your stir fry saltier.
5. What other dishes can I cook on the Blackstone griddle? The possibilities are endless. You can cook breakfast items like pancakes and bacon, lunch items like grilled cheese, or dinner items like burgers and pizzas. You can also make delicious desserts like cinnamon rolls on it.
Luxurious Blackstone Vegetable Stir Fry Recipe for the Epicurean in You
Nothing says luxurious home cooking like a stir fry packed full of vibrant vegetables and succulent sirloin steak, prepared on your very own Blackstone griddle. Whether you’re an experienced cook looking to impress your family or a beginner hoping to elevate your weekday dinners, this Blackstone Vegetable Stir Fry Recipe is sure to hit all the right notes!
The Allure of a Steak and Vegetable Stir Fry on a Blackstone Griddle
Cooking stir fry on a Blackstone griddle is a sublime experience. The high, even heat of the griddle cooks each ingredient to perfection, creating a harmony of flavors that is truly irresistible. Plus, the convenience of having all your ingredients cooking simultaneously on the griddle means less mess and more time to enjoy your meal. This recipe brings together the best of both worlds: the speed and convenience of a stir fry, and the flavorful intensity that comes from using a Blackstone griddle.
What You’ll Need for this Blackstone Griddle Recipe
Here’s the equipment you’ll need to get started:
- Blackstone griddle
- A set of griddle tools, including spatulas and scrapers
- Knife and chopping board for preparing vegetables
- Small bowl for sauce preparation
- Tongs for flipping steak
Stir-Fry Ingredients and Variations
Our Blackstone Vegetable Stir Fry Recipe is incredibly versatile and customizable. You can stick with the basic ingredients: a large onion, a bell pepper, a zucchini, a head of broccoli, and a pound of sirloin steak. But feel free to get creative with what’s in season or your personal preferences. Mushrooms, snap peas, or carrots can make great additions. Tofu or chicken could easily replace the sirloin steak for a lighter option.
As for the sauce, we combine low sodium soy sauce, oil, and cornstarch. If you prefer a spicy kick, feel free to add Sriracha!
How to Store Leftovers
If you happen to have any leftovers (which might be a big if), they can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When reheating, you could use a microwave, but for the best results, we recommend reheating on a griddle or in a pan over medium heat to maintain the texture and flavors.
- 1 large onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 zucchini
- 1 broccoli head
- 1 lb sirloin steak
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oil plus extra for cooking
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup cooked rice or rice noodles
- Your favorite seasoning blend
- Optional: Sriracha and freshly chopped green onions for garnish
- Prepare the stir fry sauce: In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of oil, and cornstarch. Stir until well combined. Add sriracha if you prefer some spice.
- Prepare the vegetables: Slice the onion, bell pepper, and zucchini into bite-sized pieces. Cut the broccoli into small florets.
- Prepare the steak: Slice the sirloin steak into thin strips. Season with your favorite seasoning blend.
- Cook the stir fry: Preheat your Blackstone griddle on medium-high heat. Once it’s hot, add some oil onto the griddle. Add the steak and cook until it’s browned and seared on both sides. Remove the steak and set it aside. Next, add the vegetables and cook until they are tender. Add the steak back in along with the stir fry sauce. Continue to cook for a few more minutes until everything is well combined and heated through.
- Serve the stir fry: Serve the stir fry hot over the cooked rice or rice noodles. Garnish with freshly chopped green onions, if desired.