If you’re a fan of corn, you’re going to love this corn casserole recipe. It’s a classic dish that is perfect for any occasion. Whether you want to whip up a quick and easy side dish or you’re looking for the best corn casserole recipe, we’ve got you covered. In this article, we’ll share with you some mouthwatering variations of corn casserole that are sure to impress your family and friends.
- Corn casserole is an easy-to-make dish that is perfect for any occasion.
- There are many variations of corn casserole, including classic, cheesy, and creamy.
- With the addition of simple ingredients like sour cream, cheese, and eggs, you can take your corn casserole to the next level.
- Baking your corn casserole brings out the flavors and adds a delicious crust to the top.
- With our easy-to-follow recipes, you’ll be able to create a mouthwatering corn casserole that your family and friends will love.
Classic Corn Casserole
If you’re looking for a delicious and comforting side dish, you can’t go wrong with a classic corn casserole. This homemade recipe is easy to make and always a crowd-pleaser. With its creamy texture and savory flavors, it’s the perfect addition to any meal.
There’s something special about a traditional corn casserole. Maybe it’s the memories of family dinners, or the delicious combination of sweet corn and rich cream. Whatever it is, this classic recipe is sure to hit the spot. Made with simple ingredients like cornbread mix, creamed corn, and butter, it’s a comforting and satisfying dish that you’ll want to make again and again.
- 1 can (15 oz) creamed corn
- 1 can (15 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 package (8.5 oz) cornbread mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the creamed corn, whole kernel corn, cornbread mix, melted butter, sour cream, and beaten eggs. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and spread it evenly.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
“This classic corn casserole recipe is a staple at our family gatherings. It’s always a hit with everyone and reminds us of simpler times. It’s delicious on its own or paired with a hearty main dish.”
Enjoy this delicious and traditional corn casserole as a side dish for dinner, or bring it to your next potluck or family gathering. With its savory flavors and comforting texture, it’s sure to become a favorite in your household.
Cheesy Corn Casserole
If you’re a fan of corn and cheese, this savory and flavorful corn casserole recipe with sour cream is the perfect side dish for any meal. The creamy texture and cheesy topping create a deliciously satisfying dish that will have everyone coming back for seconds.
To make this flavorful corn casserole side dish, you’ll need the following ingredients:
|Cornbread mix||1 box (8.5 oz)|
|Sour cream||1 cup|
|Creamed corn||1 can (14.75 oz)|
|Whole kernel corn (drained)||1 can (15 oz)|
|Butter (melted)||1/2 cup|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1 cup|
Here’s how to prepare it:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine the cornbread mix, sour cream, creamed corn, and whole kernel corn in a mixing bowl.
- Add the melted butter and stir until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese on top of the mixture.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the casserole is cooked through.
This cheesy corn casserole with sour cream is a perfect complement to any main course, from grilled chicken to roasted pork or beef. It’s a quick, easy, and flavorful corn casserole that will delight your taste buds and impress your guests.
Quick Corn Casserole
If you need a speedy dish that will satisfy your craving for the best corn casserole, look no further! With just a few simple ingredients, you can whip up a delicious and easy corn casserole that will please your taste buds in no time.
One of the key ingredients in this quick corn casserole is sour cream. It not only adds a tangy flavor to the dish, but it also makes it extra creamy and irresistible. Here is a quick and easy recipe for you to try:
|1 can of corn (drained)||1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.|
|1 can of creamed corn||2. In a bowl, mix together the drained corn, creamed corn, sour cream, melted butter, and Jiffy cornbread mix.|
|1 cup of sour cream||3. Pour the mixture into a greased 9×13 inch baking dish.|
|1/2 cup of melted butter||4. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown.|
|1 package of Jiffy cornbread mix|
That’s it! This easy corn casserole recipe is perfect for those busy weeknights when you don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen. Serve it as a side dish with your favorite main course and enjoy the deliciousness of this best corn casserole.
Feel free to experiment with different variations of this recipe, such as adding shredded cheese or diced jalapeños for an extra kick. Whatever you choose, this quick corn casserole is sure to be a hit.
Baked Corn Casserole
Baking brings out the natural sweetness of corn in a delicious way. This baked corn casserole is perfect for dinner, and the leftovers are great for lunch the next day! Here’s what you’ll need:
|1 can of corn||Preheat the oven to 375°F.|
|1 package of cornbread mix||Combine the corn and cornbread mix in a mixing bowl.|
|1/4 cup of butter, melted||Add the melted butter to the mixing bowl and stir to combine.|
|1/4 cup of milk||Gradually pour in the milk, stirring until the mixture is smooth.|
|Salt and pepper to taste||Season the mixture with salt and pepper according to your taste.|
|Pour the mixture into a greased baking dish.|
|Bake for 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.|
This baked corn casserole is the perfect side dish for any dinner. Serve it alongside your favorite protein and enjoy the delicious flavors of cornbread and butter. If you have any leftovers, they can be reheated in the oven or microwave for a quick and easy lunch. Enjoy!
Creamy Corn Casserole
Indulge in the creamy goodness of this corn casserole recipe. You’ll need:
- 1 package of cornbread mix
- 1 can of creamed corn
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
In a mixing bowl, combine the cornbread mix, creamed corn, melted butter, shredded cheese, and eggs. Mix well.
Add the cooked chicken and heavy cream to the mixture and stir gently.
Pour the mixture into a greased 9×13 inch baking dish.
Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Serve hot and enjoy the velvety richness of this creamy corn casserole!
For a vegetarian option, you can substitute the chicken with 1 cup of diced bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms.
If you want to add some heat, you can also add 1 tablespoon of diced jalapeños or some hot sauce to the mixture.
“This dish is so creamy and delicious, with just the right amount of chicken and cheese. It’s a perfect comfort food that’s easy to make and even easier to love!”
Corn Pudding Casserole
If you want to indulge in a sweet and custardy corn casserole, this section is for you. Our corn pudding casserole recipe combines the natural sweetness of corn with sugar and eggs to create a delectable dish that will have everyone asking for seconds.
“This corn pudding casserole is a family favorite during the holiday season. It’s creamy, sweet, and packed with flavor. Definitely a must-try!” – Sarah L.
|• Canned corn (drained)||4 cups|
|• Sugar||1 cup|
|• Flour||1/2 cup|
|• Butter (melted)||1/2 cup|
|• Eggs (beaten)||4|
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the canned corn and sugar.
- Stir in the flour and melted butter until fully combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until fully combined.
- Gradually stir the beaten eggs into the corn mixture until fully combined.
- Pour the mixture into a greased baking dish.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the pudding is set in the middle.
Enjoy the sweet and creamy flavors of our corn pudding casserole as a dessert or side dish. You won’t be disappointed!
Jiffy Corn Casserole
If you’re looking for a quick and easy corn casserole recipe, look no further than Jiffy cornbread mix. This versatile ingredient is perfect for whipping up a delicious corn casserole in no time. Here’s what you’ll need:
|– Jiffy cornbread mix||1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.|
|– Can of corn||2. In a bowl, mix together one can of corn and one box of Jiffy cornbread mix.|
|– Sour cream||3. Add in 1/2 cup of sour cream and mix well.|
|– Melted butter||4. Pour in 1/2 cup of melted butter and mix until well combined.|
|– Shredded cheddar cheese||5. Fold in 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.|
|6. Pour the mixture into a greased casserole dish.|
|7. Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown on top.|
This Jiffy corn casserole is the perfect side dish for any occasion, from holiday dinners to potluck gatherings. With the addition of sour cream, melted butter, and cheddar cheese, this corn casserole is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Give it a try today!
Variations of Corn Casserole
Looking to switch up your traditional corn casserole recipe? There are plenty of variations you can try to give your dish a new twist. Here are some ideas:
Using Frozen Corn
If fresh corn is not in season or not readily available, frozen corn can be a great substitute. To make a frozen corn casserole:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix together one package of thawed frozen corn, two beaten eggs, 1/2 cup of melted butter, 1/2 cup of milk, and 1/2 cup of cornmeal.
- Pour the mixture into a greased casserole dish and bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown on top.
Using Creamed Corn
Creamed corn adds a creamy and rich flavor to any corn casserole recipe. To make a creamed corn casserole:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix together one can of creamed corn, one can of whole kernel corn (drained), one beaten egg, 1/2 cup of melted butter, 1/2 cup of milk, and 1/2 cup of cornmeal.
- Pour the mixture into a greased casserole dish and bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown on top.
Adding Different Ingredients
Get creative with your corn casserole by adding different ingredients to the mix! Here are some ideas:
- Vegetables like peppers, onions, or broccoli for added texture and flavor.
- Herbs like thyme, rosemary, or parsley for a fresh taste.
- Cheese like cheddar, parmesan, or feta for a more savory dish.
Pairing with Side Dishes
Corn casserole can be a versatile side dish that pairs well with many main courses. Here are some ideas of what to serve alongside your delicious corn casserole:
|Main Course||Side Dishes|
|Fried chicken||Mashed potatoes and green beans|
|Grilled steak||Roasted vegetables and garlic bread|
|Baked ham||Scalloped potatoes and glazed carrots|
Whether you’re using frozen corn, creamed corn, or adding different ingredients, there are endless ways to make your corn casserole recipe unique and delicious. Don’t be afraid to experiment and try something new!
In conclusion, corn casserole is a delicious and comforting dish that can be served as a side or main dish. With the variety of recipes we’ve shared in this article, you can find the perfect corn casserole to suit your taste buds. Whether you’re in the mood for a classic homemade corn casserole, a cheesy or creamy version, or a quick dish that can be made on the fly, we’ve got you covered.
Variety is Key
With the different ingredients and variations of corn casserole recipes, you can get creative and experiment with different combinations to create a unique dish of your own. Frozen corn, creamed corn, Jiffy mix, and other ingredients can be used to make variations of corn casserole that are sure to please everyone at the dinner table.
Impress Your Guests
With our easy-to-follow recipes, you can impress your family and friends with your cooking skills. Whether you’re hosting a holiday dinner or a casual get-together, serving a delicious corn casserole will surely make a lasting impression on your guests.
So why wait? Get cooking and enjoy the comforting flavors of corn today!
What is the best corn casserole recipe?
The best corn casserole recipe is a matter of personal preference. However, our classic corn casserole recipe is a fan favorite and a great starting point for beginners.
How do I make a cheesy corn casserole?
To make a cheesy corn casserole, you can add your favorite cheese to the classic corn casserole recipe. Cheddar, mozzarella, or pepper jack cheese work well.
Can I make a quick corn casserole?
Absolutely! Our quick corn casserole recipe is designed to be whipped up in no time. It’s perfect for those busy weeknight dinners.
What’s the difference between a corn casserole and a cornbread?
While both dishes contain corn, a corn casserole is a more savory and moist dish, often with the addition of other ingredients like sour cream or cheese. Cornbread, on the other hand, is typically a drier, bread-like side dish.
Can I use frozen corn in my corn casserole?
Yes, using frozen corn in your corn casserole is a great option. Just make sure to thaw it first before adding it to your recipe.
What are some good side dishes to serve with corn casserole?
Some delicious side dishes that pair well with corn casserole are roasted vegetables, green salad, or grilled meats like chicken or steak.
Can I make a corn casserole without eggs?
Yes, if you have dietary restrictions or allergies, you can make a corn casserole without eggs. You can try substituting eggs with a vegan egg replacement or omitting them altogether.
How do I store leftovers of corn casserole?
Leftover corn casserole can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, simply place it in the oven or microwave until warmed through.
- 1 can 14.75 oz creamed corn
- 1 can 15 oz whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 box 8 oz corn muffin mix (e.g., Jiffy)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 oz unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Optional: 1 jalapeño finely chopped, for a spicy kick
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and lightly grease your baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine creamed corn, drained whole kernel corn, corn muffin mix, sour cream, and melted butter. Mix until well combined.
- If using, fold in the finely chopped jalapeño.
- Season with salt and pepper, then mix again.
- Pour the corn mixture into the prepared baking dish, spreading evenly.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese on top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the casserole is set in the center.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
- Cheese Variety: Try swapping cheddar for pepper jack, Monterey jack, or a combination of cheeses.
- Herbs: For added depth of flavor, mix in some chopped fresh herbs like cilantro or parsley.
- Bacon: Crumbled cooked bacon can be mixed in or sprinkled on top for a smoky, meaty flavor.
- Veggies: For a colorful twist, mix in some diced bell peppers or green onions.
- Spice It Up: Apart from jalapeño, you can also add a pinch of cayenne pepper or some red pepper flakes for added heat.
With its delightfully creamy consistency and cheesy topping, this corn casserole is bound to be a hit at your next dinner or holiday gathering! Enjoy it alongside roasted meats or as a stand-alone treat.