Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with our mouthwatering Beef Lo Mein Stir-Fry recipe. This delightful dish combines tender slices of beef, vibrant vegetables, and a delicious sauce, all stir-fried to perfection. With its irresistible flavors and quick cooking time, this Asian-inspired stir fry meal is perfect for busy weeknights or when you’re craving a satisfying yet fuss-free dinner.
How to Prepare Beef Lo Mein Stir-Fry:
To prepare this tantalizing Beef Lo Mein Stir-Fry, follow these simple steps:
- Cook the lo mein noodles according to package instructions and set aside.
- Stir-fry garlic and ginger in vegetable oil.
- Cook beef until browned, then remove from skillet.
- Stir-fry bell peppers, carrot, and snap peas in the same skillet.
- Return beef to the skillet and add cooked noodles.
- Whisk together soy sauce, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, and sesame oil in a bowl.
- Pour sauce over the beef and noodles, and toss to coat.
- Continue stir-frying until heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper, garnish with green onions, and serve.
Preparation time for this Beef Lo Mein Stir-Fry is approximately 25 minutes. This includes cooking the noodles, prepping the ingredients, stir-frying, and assembling the dish. It’s a quick and convenient option for a delicious homemade meal on busy days.
This recipe serves 4 people, making it ideal for a family dinner or a gathering with friends. However, you can easily adjust the quantities based on your needs.
Beef Lo Mein Stir-Fry FAQs:
- Can I use a different type of meat instead of beef? Yes, you can substitute beef with chicken, pork, shrimp, or even tofu for a vegetarian option. Adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Can I use other vegetables? Absolutely! Feel free to customize the recipe by adding or substituting vegetables such as broccoli, mushrooms, or bok choy.
- Can I make this recipe gluten-free? Yes, you can use gluten-free soy sauce and gluten-free noodles to make it suitable for a gluten-free diet.
- Can I prepare the sauce in advance? Yes, you can make the sauce ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Just give it a good stir before using.
- Can I make this recipe spicy? Of course! If you prefer a spicy kick, you can add red pepper flakes, sriracha sauce, or chopped chili peppers to the stir-fry.
In conclusion, our Beef Lo Mein Stir-Fry is a delightful Asian-inspired dish that brings together tender beef, fresh vegetables, and a mouthwatering sauce. With its quick preparation time and customizable nature, you can easily adapt this recipe to suit your taste preferences. Whether you’re a fan of beef or want to explore different protein options, this versatile stir-fry will surely impress your family and guests. So, gather your ingredients, fire up the skillet, and enjoy a satisfying and flavorsome meal that’s bursting with authentic Asian flavors.
- 1 pound flank steak thinly sliced
- 8 ounces lo mein noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1- inch piece of ginger grated
- 1 red bell pepper julienned
- 1 yellow bell pepper julienned
- 1 medium carrot julienned
- 1 cup snap peas trimmed
- 3 green onions sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by cooking the lo mein noodles according to the package instructions. Once cooked, drain and set aside.
- Heat one tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the minced garlic and grated ginger to the hot oil and stir-fry for about 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add the thinly sliced beef to the skillet and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, or until the beef is browned and cooked to your desired level of doneness. Remove the beef from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the remaining tablespoon of vegetable oil. Add the julienned bell peppers, carrot, and snap peas, and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Return the cooked beef to the skillet and add the cooked lo mein noodles.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, and sesame oil. Pour the sauce over the beef and noodles, and toss everything together until well-coated.
- Continue stir-frying for an additional 2-3 minutes to heat everything through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and serve hot.