Looking to add some Asian flair to your dinner table? Look no further than this mouthwatering recipe for Asian Beef with Snow Peas. Bursting with vibrant flavors and tender beef, this dish is a delightful combination of savory and crisp textures that will tantalize your taste buds. Whether you’re a novice or an experienced cook, this stir fry recipe is sure to impress.
How to Prepare Asian Beef with Snow Peas:
To prepare this delightful Asian Beef with Snow Peas, start by combining the soy sauce, oyster sauce, cornstarch, and sesame oil in a bowl. Mix them thoroughly until well combined. Next, add the thinly sliced beef to the bowl and toss it in the marinade until each slice is evenly coated. Allow the beef to marinate for 15 minutes to infuse the flavors.
While the beef is marinating, prepare the snow peas by trimming off the ends and setting them aside. Mince the garlic cloves and grate the fresh ginger, keeping them ready for the stir-frying process.
In a large skillet or wok, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the minced garlic and grated ginger, stirring constantly for about 1 minute until they become fragrant. Increase the heat to high and add the marinated beef to the skillet, stir-frying for 3-4 minutes until the beef turns brown and develops a savory aroma.
Once the beef is cooked, add the snow peas to the skillet and continue stir-frying for an additional 2 minutes. This will ensure the snow peas maintain their vibrant green color and remain crisp-tender. Season with salt and pepper according to your taste preference, and give the ingredients a final stir to combine all the flavors.
Remove the skillet from heat and serve your Asian Beef with Snow Peas over steamed rice or noodles for a complete and satisfying meal.
Asian Beef with Snow Peas Preparation Time:
Preparing this delightful Asian Beef with Snow Peas dish requires approximately 30 minutes, including the 15-minute marinating time for the beef. This recipe is perfect for those busy weeknight dinners when you’re craving a flavorful meal without spending too much time in the kitchen.
Asian Beef with Snow Peas Recipe Servings:
This recipe serves approximately 4 people, making it an ideal choice for a family dinner or when entertaining guests. Feel free to adjust the quantities according to your needs, ensuring everyone gets to enjoy this delicious Asian-inspired dish.
Asian Beef with Snow Peas Recipe Benefits:
- High Nutrient Content: The Asian Beef with Snow Peas is packed with essential nutrients from the beef and snow peas. Beef is a great source of protein, iron, and B vitamins, while snow peas provide vitamins A and C, fiber, and antioxidants.
- Low Calorie Intake: This dish is relatively low in calories, making it a healthy option for those watching their calorie intake.
- Improved Digestion: The inclusion of ginger in this recipe helps improve digestion and can alleviate common digestive issues.
- Increased Hydration: Snow peas have a high water content, which contributes to hydration and helps maintain a healthy balance in the body.
- Boosted Metabolism: The combination of lean beef and snow peas can help boost metabolism due to their protein and fiber content.
- For a tender and flavorful beef, thinly slice it against the grain.
- Marinating the beef for 15 minutes allows the flavors to penetrate the meat.
- Stir-fry the beef over high heat for a short duration to retain its tenderness.
- Be mindful not to overcook the snow peas to maintain their vibrant color and crunchiness.
Did You Know?
- You can customize this recipe by adding other vegetables such as bell peppers or mushrooms for additional flavor and variety.
- If you prefer a spicier dish, you can add some red pepper flakes or chili sauce to the stir-fry.
- Can I use a different cut of beef? While sirloin or flank steak works well in this recipe, you can use other cuts such as ribeye or tenderloin if preferred. Just ensure the meat is thinly sliced for quick cooking.
- Can I substitute oyster sauce with a vegetarian alternative? Yes, you can use vegetarian oyster sauce made from mushrooms or a combination of soy sauce and hoisin sauce for a similar umami flavor.
- Can I make this recipe gluten-free? Absolutely! Substitute the soy sauce with tamari or a gluten-free soy sauce alternative.
- Can I add other vegetables to this dish? Yes, you can experiment with different vegetables like bell peppers, broccoli, or carrots to customize the recipe to your liking.
- Can I make this recipe ahead of time? While it’s best enjoyed fresh, you can make the marinade and prep the ingredients in advance for a quicker cooking process later.
In conclusion, Asian Beef with Snow Peas is a delightful dish that combines tender beef, crisp snow peas, and a flavorful sauce. It offers high nutrient content, low calorie intake, improved digestion, increased hydration, and a metabolism boost. With a few simple steps and readily available ingredients, you can create a delicious and nutritious meal that will impress your family and friends.
- 1 pound beef such as sirloin or flank steak, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger grated
- 2 cups snow peas ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, oyster sauce, cornstarch, and sesame oil. Mix well.
- Add the sliced beef to the bowl and toss until evenly coated. Let it marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the minced garlic and grated ginger, stirring for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Increase the heat to high and add the marinated beef to the skillet. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until the beef is browned.
- Toss in the snow peas and continue stir-frying for an additional 2 minutes until they are bright green and crisp-tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
- Remove from heat and serve your delicious Asian Beef with Snow Peas over steamed rice or noodles.