The Sausage Alfredo Tortellini is a dish that’s perfect for those of you seeking comfort on a plate, looking for an easy-to-follow recipe, or wanting to impress your guests at a dinner party. The beautiful fusion of Italian sausage and tortellini — mixed with broccoli, bell peppers, and onions in a luscious Alfredo sauce — makes it a crowd-pleaser. Whether you’re a newbie in the kitchen or a seasoned chef, this recipe brings everyone together.
Have some leftovers? No problem! This dish stores well. Simply place it in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3-4 days. When reheating, a few minutes in the microwave or on the stovetop should do the trick. Add a touch of milk or cream if needed to rejuvenate the Alfredo sauce.
Can I freeze the leftovers?
Yes, you can freeze this dish. Just make sure to cool it completely before transferring it to a freezer-safe container. It can be frozen for up to 2 months.
Can I use fresh pasta?
Absolutely. If using fresh tortellini, remember to adjust the cooking time as fresh pasta typically cooks faster than dried.
Can I use different types of cheese?
Of course! While Parmesan is classic, feel free to use other hard, flavorful cheeses like Asiago or Pecorino Romano.
Perfect Pairings to Cook with this Dish
The Sausage Alfredo Tortellini pairs beautifully with a fresh, crisp salad to balance the richness of the dish. A Caesar salad or a simple arugula salad would be fantastic.
When it comes to wine, a white wine like a Chardonnay or a Pinot Grigio harmonizes well with this creamy pasta dish. If you prefer red, a light-bodied Pinot Noir would be a delightful accompaniment.
- 1 Colander
- 1 package of tortellini choose your preferred filling
- 1 lb of Italian sausage
- 1 cup of broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup of sliced bell peppers any color
- 1/2 cup of sliced red onions
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 jar of Alfredo sauce
- Olive oil for cooking
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crushed red pepper flakes for garnish (optional)
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Cook the tortellini according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat your Blackstone griddle to medium-high heat.
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil on the griddle.
- Cook the Italian sausage on the griddle, breaking it up into crumbles as it cooks.
- When the sausage is nearly cooked through, add the broccoli florets, bell peppers, and onions to the griddle. Season with a bit of salt and pepper. Sauté the mixture until the vegetables are tender and the sausage is fully cooked.
- Add the minced garlic to the griddle and cook for about 30 seconds, just until it becomes fragrant.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the cooked tortellini to the griddle, mixing it with the sausage and vegetables.
- Pour the Alfredo sauce over the griddle mixture, stirring to combine everything well.
- Let the dish cook for about 5 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes (if using) and freshly grated Parmesan cheese before serving.